Psalm 18

"In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry reached His ears. Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked because He was angry." Oh the things God does for those He loves.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Be careful what you pray...

The Lord is faithul, this much I know.
Over the past few weeks, I have been praying that He would make me a woman of prayer (ironic, right?). One of the ways that He has been doing so is by answering random prayers that I never really thought mattered. It has been simply amazing and encouraging to watch Him work; however, there is one prayer that has been a little difficult for me.
This is the prayer of "Lord, prepare me for my future." If you know me well, you know that I have a heart broken for teenagers. Since starting to pray this prayer, He has brought so many broken situations into my life. Girls that need guidance, girls that need comfort, girls that need His love. I have never really been in situations in which I needed to play the part of the consoler or the counselor, so being thrown into these situations has been very difficult and eye-opening for me. Today, as I was comforting a girl who just found out that her uncle died last night, I was asking the Lord, "why are all of these people having these things happen while I am the only one around to help them?" and He simply said four words, "I am preparing you."
So, as difficult as it is right now, I am thankful that He is faithful to listen, and faithful to answer according to His loving will.

No comments: