Psalm 18

"In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry reached His ears. Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked because He was angry." Oh the things God does for those He loves.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Inconceivable

I have been doing a study entitled "Experiencing God," which has been absolutely phenomenol. Today, we talked about doing "God-sized" tasks, which left me wondering what "God-sized" task I might be able to fulfill. The purpose of a God-sized task, such as crossing the Red Sea or feeding 5000 families with very little food, is to leave the people around us fearing God, wanting to know Him more. As Christians, we cannot settle to do "us-sized" tasks, the tasks must be given by God and must be accomplished only through His might. It is when we wait on His instructions and obey His word and rely fully on His strength that the world stands in awe of His working.
After searching for examples in scripture and coming to an understanding of this concept, I came downstairs to grab some crackers, sit, and think about what unconceivable task the Lord might use me in in order to bring glory to Himself. After I sat for a while, I came to understand and appreciate that I will not be able to think of it. Because it is something that only He will be able to do, it, naturally, will be something that only He can think of. I am certain that Joshua did not wake up the morning of crossing the Jordan River and think "today is the day that the Lord will use me to stop the flow of the Jordan and cross His people into Jericho. That is a good way for Him to use me." The Lord revealed it at the moment He needed to. Joshua was a faithful servant, waiting for the Lord's leading.
I pray that I, too, will be a faithful servant as the Lord leads and guides me and reveals to me His plan for something that only He can think of, something only He can do....something Inconceivable.

No comments: