There is a boy with bone cancer named Christian. How do I know Christian? One of the prayer leaders on my hall is a student teacher in his class. He is four-years-old. Christian was born with this bone cancer, the doctors were not giving him much more time to live his life, fortunately the doctors do not have the final say.
One lesson that God has really been teaching me lately is that He answers HUGE prayers. Recently, I have been convicted that I was not lifting theseprayers up to Him, and that, on the occasion that I did, I was doing so in unbelief. For weeks, my prayer leader and I have been praying for Christian during our accountability lunch, but this past week was vastly different. On Sunday, I heard a sermon on faith and the passage in Mark 6 caught my attention. Healing people was just ordinary for Jesus, imagine what He could have done had the people actually had faith. The next day, Annemarie and I had accountability and I was given such an urgent feeling to prayer for Christian. Two nights later Annemarie came into my room to tell me that she had just found out that there was not a single trace of cancer in his body.
Praise God!
Psalm 18
"In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry reached His ears. Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked because He was angry." Oh the things God does for those He loves.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment